Brown Sugar Cinnamon Coconut Cookies
You know what was absolutely fantastic? The cookie swap. I had SO much fun making, packing, sending and receiving cookies from all over the place! I’ve posted twice about the matches I received, and I’m still hoping to get my third in the next couple of days.
I packed my cookies in vintage tea and sugar tins with matching cards. I thought they looked really cute. I’m already day dreaming about what kind I should make next year. Shipping cookies was way easier than I thought it would be. You just have to pack them snugly and in an air tight container and you’re set. The ladies at the Fed Ex Store were so into the idea of the swap.
These cookies were originally born out of the fact that my house had a surplus of coconut last May. I first made them for a friend who was moving into a new apartment as a housewarming and I’ve not stopped making them. They’re lovely with tea or warm with a BIG glass of milk. The cinnamon, brown sugar, and coconut are a perfect warm sweet and comforting combination. Perfect for the fall and chilly winter months.
• 1 1/4 cups flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon
• 1/2 cup butter
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/4 cup white sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually mix in the flour and then the coconut.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In my pictures I doubled the recipe, so the measurements displayed aren’t the same ones as are listed above
- These cookies are really soft when they first come out of the oven, but once they cool they’re a fantastic chewy cookie.
My second box of Cookies got here today! I was reading when my mom said, “The postman is on his way to the door with a cookie shaped package, Aimee.” I almost squealed. This box came to me from Amanda at thevanillabeanery.wordpress.com They’re wonderful White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. I have to admit I had them with my coffee today as breakfast. They are so sweet and filling and just all around lovely.