Cloved Oranges, also known as Orange Pomanders
I know that this isn’t a recipe, but I feel like seeing as it involved cloves and oranges that it is close enough. I never knew that these were called Orange Pomanders until this year. I’ve been doing these every year at Christmas for as long as I can remember. They smell absolutely fantastic and look lovely in a bowl or on a table. The oil from the orange comes out through the clove and you get a fantastic fragrant mix of orange and spice wafting through your house.
What you need:
- Whole Cloves
- Navel Oranges
- A Thimble
- Christmas Music of your choice for listening
- Push cloves into the rind of the orange in any pattern which you would like.
- Put in a bowl for display purposes.
Pumpkin Cream Pie
This is a suuuuper late Thanksgiving post, or an alternate Christmas dessert post, but it’s fabulous easy way to do a non-traditional pumpkin pie.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- Pecans (optional)
- Combine milk, pudding mix, pumpkin, spices, and whipped cream in a bowl. Beat with a mixer till equally combined, about a minute. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Place in refrigerator until set, about 3 hours.
- I placed a little extra whipped cream on the top of mine with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
- Pecans go wonderfully with this and make a nice decorative addition.