Homemade Iced Tea
Of course, it makes total sense that as soon as I cave and talk about the terrible weather outside, the sun starts showing itself again. It’s by no means hot outside yet, but it is getting warm. I like it. I like sitting outside in the afternoon with a book and feeling all the freckles on my skin start to show up across my nose and sipping on a glass of iced tea.
- Two teabags of your choice.
- A tablespoon of lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup of sugar (more or less depending on your taste.)
- 750 ml - 1 litre boiling water.
- Bring water to a boil and pour into a pitcher over your two teabags.
- Add lemon juice and sugar and let steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir and remove teabags.
- Pour over an ice filled glass and enjoy!
- I used one Tazo Passion teabag, and one Twinnings Strawberry Mango teabag.
- A green tea teabag and a fruity herbal one would compliment each other nicely.
- If you opt to use a black tea like Orange Peakoe your steeping time will be much less than an herbal tea, as they are considerably stronger in flavour.